Boudoir sessions in our Vancouver Boudoir studio are all about getting pampered, feeling empowered, and seeing yourself in a completely different way! It can be thrilling and terrifying all at the same time but don’t worry girl; I’ve got you covered!
I’m thrilled to share a quick boudoir bag checklist as well as an overview of how to prepare for your session her at Tina Shoots Boudoir.
Checklist for Boudoir Bags
1. 3 outfits plus your favourite accessories.
I know how difficult it can be to choose the perfect boudoir attire! Bring your favorites (that fit well) and let me, your professional boudoir photographer select the ones that will photograph best. Here in our boudoir studio, we also have a full client closet plus you will get the TSB prep and wardrobe guide with tons of suggestions of what to wear and places to shop. You will even get my exclusive discount codes to go shopping at my favourite boutique lingerie store!
2. Accessories; In some cases less is more, and in others more can be more! Once again, bring your favourites and let your professional boudoir photographer help you decide. Jewelry, thigh-high hosiery, oversized sweaters, a button-down shirt, a veil, a robe, and any other statement pieces you desire can make excellent accessories! And we have lots of fun things here in our boudoir studio that you can use to supplement what you bring in.
3. Body lotion is always a good option! We have lotion in the studio but feel free to bring your preferred lotion to make your skin feel amazing.
4. Water and Snacks – Hangry isn’t sexy girl! We have snacks and refreshments in the studio, but be sure to eat a light yet satisfying breakfast at home, and if you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, bring some alternative snacks too.
We are also just a few blocks away from Commercial Drive so you can pop out for a quick lunch while I prepare your slideshow for viewing during your Grand Photo Reveal!
4-6 Weeks Before your Boudoir Session
1. Begin fantasizing about your boudoir outfits that fit your personal style. Shop our favourite boutiques (included in your TSB wardrobe guide) or bring items from your own closet that make you feel sexy.
We also have a client closet from sizes XS to 3XL if you prefer to just show up.
2. Shopping is fun! Invite a girlfriend or your partner to help you in finding pieces that you not only look good in, but also feel good in! Think outside the box and don’t be afraid to attempt something out of your comfort zone. You never know, you might fall in love with a new item!
- Bring in 3-5 outfits and we will help you decide which ones to shoot in! Our sessions include times for 3 outfits, but we can add more studio time if you have more than 3 that you absolutely love.
4. Consider Your Options Beyond the Shoot. I love layering a sexy bodysuit under a cropped sweater or with a leather jacket. Body jewelry peeking out of a tank top can be super hot too! Consider how you may want to show off your new items outside of your boudoir pictures
3-5 Days Before
1. If you plan to wax your body hair, now is the time to do so to avoid bumps in your photos.
2. Avoid tanning products and spray tans. Regardless of how natural tanning sprays and creams appear, they produce an orange glow that look off in your boudoir photos. Our boudoir style is warm, dark and moody so your natural skin tone is perfect in your boudoir photos.
3. Drink plenty of water leading up to your shoot to keep your skin hydrated.
4.Start moisturizing your heels and any other dry skin daily leading up to your session.
5. Remove all lingerie price and size tags.
6. Decide on your final 3- 5 outfits.
1-2 days before
1. Get your fingers and toes done, either in the salon or at home. If polish isn’t your thing, trim your nails to the same lengths and moisturize your cuticles.
2. Avoid alcohol and consume plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
3.Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
4. Pack your boudoir bag the night before to ensure you don’t forget anything.
5. Get to bed early and prepare to get pampered!
Day of your boudoir session
1. Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized, and that your hair is freshly washed and blowdried – our team of hair and makeup experts will take care of the rest!
2. Apply moisturizer to your entire body!
3. Wear loose-fitting clothing and undergarments to prevent skin impressions.
4. Eat a light yet satisfying breakfast – do not skip this!
5. Give yourself enough time to arrive on time. If you are early, you can hang out in your car or grab yourself a coffee at the many surrounding coffee shops along Venables street or on Commercial drive – avoid coming in early as we will be setting up for you.
6.Bring your best energy, you are going to slay your boudoir shoot!
Tina Shoots Boudoir is an expert boudoir photographer based in Vancouver, British Columbia, who is committed to empowering women through their boudoir photoshoot experiences. Contact us here to schedule a consultation!